LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce the scan area in 2D raster scan

I made VI which generates raster scanning pattern.

Example: As I apply 1 voltage then it scans in a range of +-1V in both X and Y direction, and area it is scanning right now when I apply 1V is 0,38mm*0,38mm and I wanted to reduce that scan area from 0,38 to lower value is it possible from labview by making changes into the VI.

mirrror configured to rotate 0,8V/1 degree.

I have attached VI for more information.

also attached picture.

small scan.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,821 Views)

I can hardly believe you are asking such a (what seems to be a trivial) question (but there may be "deep things" hidden in there).

If we assume that there is a linear relationship between Volts in and "mm of beam position" out, then you have an equation "Beam in mm" = Gain * "Volts In" + "Beam Offset" (where Beam Offset is the beam position when 0 volts is input).  So if you want a smaller Beam size for the same Volts In, you decrease the Gain proportionately, and readjust the Beam Offset as required.

Is there something more complicated that you need?  Did you try your Demo routine, simply changing X and Y Min and Max?  If you "halve them", they will decrease by 50%.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,792 Views)

Your VI does not contain any "voltage" input, so it is not clear what you want to "scale", but whatever it is, you just need to apply a linear transform to the x,y output.

On a side note, your VI is exceedingly convoluted. You can do the same with 10% of the code (see attached quick rewrite. There are many other ways to do all that).

raster2.png

(Note that the "alternative version", but without the transpose at the end, might be what I would probably use, considering that most likely you need to autoindex on xy coordinate pairs later. I might even represent xy pairs as complex datatype, using an array of CDB)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,788 Views)

This is a nice alternative to simplify the raster scanning pattern. However, in order to avoid abrupt changes in applied voltage, is there a similarly condensed way to generate a triangle pattern based raster scanning pattern, in which the slow axis increments at the peak and valley of the fast axis triangle pattern?

Thanks

-Adam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,365 Views)

Just reverse the odd rows:

altenbach_0-1583474363864.png

Message 5 of 5
(2,353 Views)