From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce the execution time of the VI while parsing data from the XML file

Solved!
Go to solution

@dhana03 wrote:

Hi 

I have build the code which way I wanted to read the XML file by using LibXML and the code attached previous thread.

I had some doubts about my code so only I have requested here.

Thanks for your support.

I don't think there are obvious problems. I didn't run the code, I don't have that XML toolkit installed.

There is a lot of code in one VI though. I'd try to split things up a bit. Depending on how much more of this stuff you have to do, I'd consider a VI (or .vim) that automatically gets the XML from a cluster content from the cluster element labels. If this is it, I wouldn't bother though.

It seems you are getting multiple nodes by a query, and than process them in order. Is there a benefit in doing this? I'd keep it simple: get each child node by it's name and parse the result. But this might just be extra work that doesn't pay off in any way. The result will be simpler though, and easier to understand later on.

Is it faster?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 21
(134 Views)