LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read text from ring menu entries?

Hello everybody.

I made an ring menu where the user can choose from ten different entries. The entries are like: "500mHz"
Is there any way i can read from this the "500" for further calculations?

Thanks so far.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,554 Views)
You can use the Strings[] property for the ring control (right-click, Create >> Property Node) in conjunction with the text parsing code of your choice. Attached is an example if your menu items all begin with numerics.

Regards,
John
Message 2 of 16
(6,550 Views)
Is it possible to read out values other than numbers when using af ring menu?
I would like to let the user choose a command like Connect, but the value send to my equipment should me conn_1, is this possible to do?

Simon
LabVIEW 8.6 / 2009 / 2010
Vision Development Module 8.6 / 2009 / 2010
VBAI 3.6 / 2010
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,379 Views)
You should have started a new thread for this.

You can only get numbers from a ring control.  If you are using a leter version of LabVIEW, there is a system combo box control which is a pulldown that uses string values, so that would work.  Another option is to write a subVI which takes your ring control as an input and indexes an array of strings which contain the strings you want to use for your equipment.

Message Edited by Matthew Kelton on 12-28-2007 11:49 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(6,376 Views)
For the original question: Since you're using a menu ring, you can get the text directly by using the RingText.Text property.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,358 Views)
If you click on the property node you will also see all o fthe options that are avaliable for thie ring control.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,308 Views)

Hola a todos...bueno espero k anden bien.

Bueno tengo un menu desplegable con 4 opciones y quiero controlar estas opciones con botones

es decir k CUANDO PRESIONES EL BOTON 1 SE EJECUTE LA OPCION 1  Y ASI......LES AGRADECERIA MUCHO MIL GRACIAS

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,689 Views)

Si.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,683 Views)

puedes ayudar

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,677 Views)

bueno espero k anden bien.

Bueno tengo un menú desplegable CON 4 Opciones y Quiero ConTrolar ESTAS Opciones Con Botones

Decir es k CUANDO EL BOTON PRESIONES SE EJECUTE LA 1 OPCION 1 Y ASI ...... LES agradeceria MUCHO MIL GRACIAS

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,676 Views)