LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read information from RS-422 protocol

Solved!
Go to solution

Well flushing the serial port after opening the port is always a helpful thing to do.

As to the spaghetti mess you created in the rest of the VI, I'm totally horrified. As far as I could see you seem not to have changed anything functionally to what I have shown, just made it utterly unreadable. 😁

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 54
(553 Views)

I didn't add or remove anything from the example you showed.

The reason this is spaghetti is because I used the "Cleaning diagram". 🙂

Valid outputs and start and end bytes are specified, right? What can I do next to ensure that this data is used consistently and cleanly. Now that we know the start and end bytes, how can we use it.

Thanks for everything.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 54
(538 Views)

I think the problem was solved a little 🙂 I added some more spaghetti to the spaghetti, but I think the problem was solved 🙂 I don't know if I did it right. When the first VI starts, the information cannot be seen in the "Data frame" array, but the information is processed after the VI is stopped.
Sample code has been added.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 54
(526 Views)

Thanks for everything, Mr.  and Forgive my ignorance. Thank you for patiently helping and enduring such an ignorant person. You are good masters. I understand the problem a little bit more now and will investigate a little more if it is not resolved. After reading the reply written by Mr. Rolf Kalbermatter a few times and resting my mind, I understood and did something like this.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 54
(507 Views)