LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read and write same .DAT file using different VIs(one to write and another to read) without data loss

I'm writing .DAT file with the help of VI on PC and I want to read the same file in another VI running on another PC without any error and data loss. Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(890 Views)

Hi Govindparab,

a "DAT file" has no meaning to us…

@Govindparab wrote:

I'm writing .DAT file with the help of VI on PC and I want to read the same file in another VI running on another PC without any error and data loss. Please help.

You need to implement a VI, which is able to read your "DAT file" and run that on your other computer…

As you didn't provide any substantial information you need to implement it on your own!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(881 Views)

@Govindparab wrote:

The first thing that comes to mind is a Sharing Violation but all is not lost... 

You will probably have better luck reading the target file and writing a temporary file, then when you are done. Close the file you had open for reading and copy the temporary file over the original file you read. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(831 Views)