LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read Serial Data from Arduino using labview VISA?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an Arduino Mega2560 card, I have a ultrasonic sensor, and I labview2011 software, I try to operate the sensor in the arduino serial port TX / RX, with supervision labview,
ultrasonic sensor: DYP ME007TX
arduino Mega2560
how?
thank you

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 141
(11,601 Views)

This example reads an analog sensor and plot the value in a VI

Download All
Message 32 of 141
(11,537 Views)

thks M, but i have labview 2011,i cant't open your files, do you have a picture of programme in labview, 

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 141
(11,479 Views)

Hi.

I am practicing for the first time with the Arduino (Uno),trying to receive data from the analog 0 input.

I took a vi from one of the formers here in the topic (TempMon.vi) and made some changes to remove the concave to temperature section.

In the loop , I left basically with the VISA read-> FRAC to string-> Graph .

Now I see that the strings are not constant (I put a constant voltage). most of the time its the same but is can varies . 

In the Arduino program, the output looks OK e.g. constant.

Attached, my VI.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 141
(11,418 Views)

@sagi4422 wrote:

Hi.

I am practicing for the first time with the Arduino (Uno),trying to receive data from the analog 0 input.

I took a vi from one of the formers here in the topic (TempMon.vi) and made some changes to remove the concave to temperature section.

In the loop , I left basically with the VISA read-> FRAC to string-> Graph .

Now I see that the strings are not constant (I put a constant voltage). most of the time its the same but is can varies . 

In the Arduino program, the output looks OK e.g. constant.

Attached, my VI.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

So what are you asking?  Are you just asking for a review of your code?

thanks.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 141
(11,404 Views)

Nice example.  Well done.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 141
(11,261 Views)

I am trying to receive data from a microcontroller using RS485. I am using the NI USB to RS485 with 2 ports (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/14584). The port LED is flickering showing that data is being read, however I cannot see any data on the front panel indicator. I have tried your arduino solution to no avail. What could be the problem, please?

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 141
(11,173 Views)

Hello,

I had same problem to measure the temperature from serial monitor of arduino on labview and i am using this vi but it read only first value and show it every time it wont change conntineously. please help me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 141
(11,103 Views)

This article presents a procedure for reading the analog ports of Arduino UNO R3 board , on which a Joystick shield was installed. The analog data are related to the position of command and can be monitored from the front panel of our program , for which we use serial communication.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-33281

6.png

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 141
(10,831 Views)