LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read H.264 video by Labview?

My customer has High definition camera with LAN-100 out of H.264 compressed video. The video that transmitted by the camera is a static pictures.

I want that my Labview program will take pictures transmitted by the camera and analyze them. It should not be done at real time. What is a best way to achieve picture frames from H.264 compressed video?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,472 Views)

I would suggest looking at the IMAQdx library. You can determine if the camera is compatible by looking here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4331B4AA3AE95233862574C200539A2F

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,464 Views)

Hi

Customer camera is not standard commercial camera. This camera developed by the customer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,454 Views)

As long as the video conforms to some standard (like h.264)... if IMAQdx can handle that standard, it'll take what comes out of your customer's camera. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,444 Views)

Hi.

I can play and analyze video in H246 compression using VLC free software. I convert it in format Labview can read, and after that Lv can play it.

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,575 Views)

It has been several years since I looked at this, but I recall doing something with an Axis TCP/IP camera that involved H.264.  I'll have to look when I get back to work next week ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,554 Views)

Hi, 

Did you find any solution to read h. 264 in labview?

I am looking for a solution to read H.264 video file in LabVIEW. Any help is appreciated.

--

Kanna

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,727 Views)

Hey Kanna,

I would go ahead and make a new post for this issue, as this thread is fairly old and not updated often! Make sure to provide some context on what you are doing in your specific project in order to have the best chance of getting help.

--Hunter

Hunter D.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,702 Views)

Hi, could you share the code? Right now I am doing the similar thing for my customer. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,189 Views)