From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put an extra Header in Excel File with Labview where constants will be saved

Sup guys I have 3 running fonctions that I'm saving  with a Write to mesurement file VI.

They're being saved in one signle Excel File: Any Idea how to save the constants (being Frenquency; Current Date and Such) in a an Extra header that'll be on top of the current Table.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,886 Views)

@77maxmustermann wrote:

Sup guys I have 3 running fonctions that I'm saving  with a Write to mesurement file VI.

They're being saved in one signle Excel File: Any Idea how to save the constants (being Frenquency; Current Date and Such) in a an Extra header that'll be on top of the current Table.

Thanks

Use it Excel easy table.vi, and I hope this snippet would gives solution for your question.

Add header.png

Message 2 of 8
(2,876 Views)

Could you uploid your picture as PNJ tried to zoon in but It got burry that and the VI name is Easy Table? never heard of it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,871 Views)

@77maxmustermann wrote:

Could you uploid your picture as PNJ tried to zoon in but It got burry that and the VI name is Easy Table? never heard of it

Find attached .png file here with.

Message 4 of 8
(2,861 Views)

Some Express VIs and other functions (such as Write to Measurement Files) have "hooks" to do limited writing to an Excel Workbook.  In addition, some versions of LabVIEW include the Report Generation Toolkit that include LabVIEW functions that can create "Reports" in Excel, which generally feature rows and columns of data as a "Table".  One such function is called EXCEL Easy Table.

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 8
(2,847 Views)

Sorry for the tardive responce I could'nt access to this conputer during the Weekend.

Did some research about EXCEL easy table could#nt find it in Labview 2018 the only thing I found is that it it's a part of the Report Generation VIs/ Toolkit that cost 585 euros wtf? http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/de/nid/209050 .

Is there another way?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,829 Views)

You can write text files that conform to the Comma-separated-values format using NI Read/Write Delimited Spreadsheet File functions.  If you give these files the extension .csv, Microsoft will assign them a "Fake Excel" icon, meaning that Excel can open them and do simple manipulation (like arithmetic) on the Rows and Columns.  It can not do "fancies", like vary the format, color, font, etc. of individual cells (well, it can, but you can't save it as a .csv file and preserve those "true Excel" features.

The RGT has been provided (at an extra cost) by NI for those who really want/need the "hooks" into the Excel proprietary .xlsx file format.  In addition, one can also use ActiveX calls, sort of the "machine language" of Excel, to fiddle around with the innards.  Or you can go with a third-party solution, some of which have been mentioned here, I think (and if not, look in the LabVIEW Tools Network).

"You Pays Your Money, and You Takes Your Choice".

Bob Schor

Message 7 of 8
(2,812 Views)

Thank you for taking the time to help I`ll look onto those 3rd party solutions. because as I said to be honest I don't think I need to buy that program as the only thing that I need is to store constant in the header isnteead in a colunmn like the signals so it doesnt get written so many times. it's more a question of esthetics than functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,804 Views)