LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to programmatically select a check box and click it

Hi,

I am using labview to programmatically set up features on an application.

What I want to do is similar to how labview has key focus to a control or able to set attribute on the web browser. However, I want to do this to an application without having to manually click on them or use the keyboard. Any ideas how to do this? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,883 Views)

See if you can change the values of the control using the keyboard then simulate those keys in LabVIEW.  Do things like activate window, hit tab 4 times, hit spacebar, then do the same using windows DLLs.  Here's one example.

http://www.ni.com/example/28711/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,880 Views)

Hi Hooovahh,

I have been able to do that usering the key_event in the call library function and simulate the keyboard. However in some cases I am not able to tab into features on the application or use microsoft shortcuts to select. And I  used set mouse position and perform mouse click commands using the call library function to get get around this. However, I am looking for a better way in the case of transfering my code because when the application is used on other computers they may have different resolutions and setting the mouse position and right clicking would not be an accurate solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,873 Views)

Is the application created by LabVIEW?

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,864 Views)
Look at AutoIT. It worked great for me.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,857 Views)

I am using labview to run the application but it is not created by it. AutoIT seems like it would solve the problem. Do you have any helpful links that shows how to do this with AutoIT?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,828 Views)