LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plot sound data as it plays?

Hi,

I need some help to figure out how to implement a chart that plots the output from sound read.vi not at once, but at the same rate as it write to the sound output?

I'd attached a bmp of my file.

Thanks for any help that can be offered!

Christy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,330 Views)

hi lumlumer,

put sound read and sound write in two seperate loops,as it is some sort of producer-consumer problem ,take care to provide proper synchronisation.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,307 Views)
Please we can not debug a picture. Post your code! From what I can see you code seams to be somewhat awkward. Do you want to load a sound file. And then loop it to you push stop or an error occur?
Message Edited by Coq Rouge on 04-27-2010 09:16 AM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,285 Views)

attached my code here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,262 Views)
Can you also answer my question. Do you want to continuously loop the selected sound file until you stop it.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,247 Views)

Yes i do want the option to loop it continuosly

Christy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,237 Views)
Try this and split the sound file into chunks. But the sound will be destroyed if have to mane updates pr second. 20 may be to much but 10-15 will be fine 
Message Edited by Coq Rouge on 04-27-2010 08:04 PM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,236 Views)

How exactly do i split the sound into chunks?

I tried the mod VI you have, it still outputs all the data into the graph at once...

Christy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,229 Views)