From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building exe with installer

I am using Ni DAQmx and Labview 2009 professinal. I tried to build an exe and distribute it to my team. Initially they had issues

opening the file and instead opening the login screen it opened a main GUI screen with the errors as shown in output.jpg. I did some

search on this forum and I thought I will build the installer with LV runtime engine, DAQmx 8.5, MAX import ini file and send the msi 

extension to my team. But on the process of building this I get the following error as shown in ni_install.jpg. When I select DAQmx 

8.9.5 the build becomes unsuccesfull. Please need some help to resolve this.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,589 Views)
You are required to install daqmx. Have you made DAQmx installer to install support for it with LabVIEW. Even if you already installed this, you will still need to again install LabVIEW support.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,551 Views)

Dear Romesh,

Yah you have to install Ni-DAQmx and labview runtime drivers on your team computer. Check to see if you have the necessary drivers in your team computer. It should work if they are installed in the computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,536 Views)

Even though you have these components installed on your PC, the build needs access to the installers so it can copy them into the application distribution files.  You should only need to do this the first time you do this.  If you see a check box asking if you want to cache these locally, check it. 

Whenever I install a new version of LabVIEW I create a dummy application while I have the DVDs handy.  Then I select all of the additional installers and build the application.  Then I never have to go looking for the DVDs months later when I need to add an installer I haven't previously installed.

LabVIEW 5.0 seems so long ago...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,505 Views)

My problem is building the installer before giving it to my team. When I right click "Build specification" and create installer I get

application properties. 

Product info: Provided my installer destination and other info 

Source Files: I provided my exe into destination view - program files folder

Additional installer: I choose DAQmx, labview runtime engine 2009, MAX

And I filled all the info on the property setting window. With all this it comes up looking for NiDAQmx and defaults to drive CD drive.

Should I use my DAQmx CD at this point and then build the installer. Is it ok to build the .exe and then create the installer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,494 Views)