LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform Data Acquisition using USB Bluetooth Adapter?

Hello. I have developing a vi which can perform the data acquisition using USB BT Adapter. I have understand that the requirement is: using MS BT Driver and Window XP SP2. My problem is: I cant find the MS BT Driver compatible dongle in the market. Does anybody know how to do it? My dongle has come along with IVT Bluesoleil software. The device ID is :USB\Vid_1131&Pid_1001. I have enclosed here, the vi block diagram of my project. Everybody are welcome to correct me based on your experiences. Thanks. I am running out of time.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,639 Views)
Hey Kuah,

I saw that you posted already to a forum about using the Kensington drivers, but didn't have any success with the procedure outlined there.  Since which driver is used by which dongle is more of a device specific question, there isn't much information about it on our site.  However, I did find some information on the Microsoft site about which devices are supported by the Microsoft Bluetooth Driver.  As for specific instructions on your dongle, I am afraid that I won't be of much help since it does sound like it uses another set of drivers.  If the dongle shows up as a COM port you may be able to use VISA to communicate. 

Hope this helps!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,630 Views)
Hello. I have developing a vi which can perform the data acquisition using USB BT Adapter. I have understand that the requirement is: using MS BT Driver and Window XP SP2. My problem is: I cant find the MS BT Driver compatible dongle in the market. Does anybody know how to do it? My dongle has come along with IVT Bluesoleil software. The device ID is :USB\Vid_1131&Pid_1001. I have enclosed here, the vi block diagram of my project. Everybody are welcome to correct me based on your experiences. Thanks. I am running out of time. previously posted!by kuah

Hello i am Bas Pierik, student at the school Saxion in Enschede (Holland).After searching the net for ECG related topics over usb->bluetooth connection,
ive come across this, (From Kuah)

We have to build a similar design, we have a chip WML-C10 (bluetooth trans-receiver),

and i would like to know more about developing such programs in labview,
so i can develop 1 myself,i know that its quiet technical, could you help me?or have a manual for these kind of problems?

i really appreciated the effort, thanks for you time

sincerely yours

Bas Pierik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,603 Views)