LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output frequency into graphs

Hello,

This is my first time using labview software. I have a function generator attached to SCB-68 which is then attached to a NI PXle-6363. I want to calculate the frequency and amplitude of the wave. I also want to graph the overall, after the test has been concluded, values of both and then allow the user to save the graphs and values to a given file of their choice. I already have graphs that show the values of each but only while it is running, not an overall graph. I have attached a screenshot of my front panel and block diagram. I am building up to wanting to hook up a high frequency microphone and listening to bearings while in use. I want to prepare graphs and values of the frequency to determine which bearings are good. We are planning on having a returned frequency of ~60-80kHz. I am also confused on setting the samples to read and rate under the DAQ assistant settings. Can I also put a start button that will initiate obtaining readings from the function generator or microphone?

Thanks much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,075 Views)

You "can" do most of what you've asked in your post.  Unfortunately I do not have LabVIEW installed on this machine to help.

One thing that will benefit others in helping you:

1. Attach the actual LabVIEW code.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  But code is worth a million.

2. If you really insist on uploading a picture, try a Code Snippet.  They are easy to make and are pictures of your code with special LabVIEW meta-data hidden in them.  They allow you to actually open the picture with LabVIEW and have LabVIEW re-create the code for you to use.

This will allow others to actually help your more easily.  Especially once you start having more complex issues that a single picture cannot clear up.

Best of luck and welcome to LabVIEW!  It's really great and you will learn to love it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
Message 2 of 3
(2,046 Views)

Okay, I was able output the data to a chart but how do I display all of the elapsed time? I am graphing frequency vs. time and it only shows a 17 second window. I want an overall graph after all the data has been acquired. Attached is my code file. Excuse the rough naming and aesthetics of the code, I want to get everything working then mess with that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,041 Views)