LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize this XY graph?

Hi All,

Attached please find the VI.

I found when the data points is over 200K, The response of the XY graph is slow. could you give me some advice for what I can do? of course limit the data points works. but is there other method? and I have below special requirements.

1. I need to add annotation for the graph, the waveform chart seems didn't work. or may be I don't know how to use.

2. Plot 2, plot3 should be able to zoom in and zoom out with plot 1. so the images seems didn't work. I would like to make them just adhere to plot1, but I don't know how to do so I create addtional plots.

3. Is there other method to add text such as annotation to specific position according to x scales? it is better that could be zoom in and zoom out with plot1 .

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(749 Views)

Slow means when I switch from other tap page back to the page with this XY graph, it takes about 0.5 seconds or more, so I think the program would be impact by creating this XY graph.

I study below topic,but seems I didn't find the answer.

Nugget: Sporatic Waveform Chart - NI Community

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(737 Views)

Hi yeah,

@yeah wrote:

I found when the data points is over 200K, The response of the XY graph is slow. could you give me some advice for what I can do? of course limit the data points works.

You try to plot 500k points on a graph only 775 pixels wide: that makes 645 samples per pixel width. How much sense does it make to plot so many samples in such a small graph?

The generic answer to your problem is: plot less samples in your graph!

(The more extensive answer is: you can use the full amount of data for your data analysis, but you can still plot a decimated set of both input and output data!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 6
(706 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks, so there seems no better graph or chart could replace this kind of XY graph.

I need to study how to limit the data points of the input or limit the samples for ploting the graph.

And is it possible to remove the " connection line/transverse line" between the plot2 or plot3?😅

connection.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(670 Views)

Hi yeah,

@yeah wrote:

And is it possible to remove the " connection line/transverse line" between the plot2 or plot3?

There is no connection line between different plots in LabVIEW graphs!

There only is a connection when you append new points to an existing plot…

Generic solution: insert a "NaN" value between your "parts of plots" to separate them. LabVIEW graphs can handle NaN values and will ignore (aka "plot an invisible point") them…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(642 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you very much, adding a point  "x=NaN,y=NaN" after the exist plot works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(633 Views)