From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize this XY graph?

Hi All,

Attached please find the VI.

I found when the data points is over 200K, The response of the XY graph is slow. could you give me some advice for what I can do? of course limit the data points works. but is there other method? and I have below special requirements.

1. I need to add annotation for the graph, the waveform chart seems didn't work. or may be I don't know how to use.

2. Plot 2, plot3 should be able to zoom in and zoom out with plot 1. so the images seems didn't work. I would like to make them just adhere to plot1, but I don't know how to do so I create addtional plots.

3. Is there other method to add text such as annotation to specific position according to x scales? it is better that could be zoom in and zoom out with plot1 .

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(778 Views)

Slow means when I switch from other tap page back to the page with this XY graph, it takes about 0.5 seconds or more, so I think the program would be impact by creating this XY graph.

I study below topic,but seems I didn't find the answer.

Nugget: Sporatic Waveform Chart - NI Community

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(766 Views)

Hi yeah,

@yeah wrote:

I found when the data points is over 200K, The response of the XY graph is slow. could you give me some advice for what I can do? of course limit the data points works.

You try to plot 500k points on a graph only 775 pixels wide: that makes 645 samples per pixel width. How much sense does it make to plot so many samples in such a small graph?

The generic answer to your problem is: plot less samples in your graph!

(The more extensive answer is: you can use the full amount of data for your data analysis, but you can still plot a decimated set of both input and output data!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 6
(735 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks, so there seems no better graph or chart could replace this kind of XY graph.

I need to study how to limit the data points of the input or limit the samples for ploting the graph.

And is it possible to remove the " connection line/transverse line" between the plot2 or plot3?😅

connection.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(699 Views)

Hi yeah,

@yeah wrote:

And is it possible to remove the " connection line/transverse line" between the plot2 or plot3?

There is no connection line between different plots in LabVIEW graphs!

There only is a connection when you append new points to an existing plot…

Generic solution: insert a "NaN" value between your "parts of plots" to separate them. LabVIEW graphs can handle NaN values and will ignore (aka "plot an invisible point") them…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(671 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you very much, adding a point  "x=NaN,y=NaN" after the exist plot works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(662 Views)