LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open a new FP from the menu ring control

Hi Good morning

I need help.I am using a menu ring control which has few options to select,by selecting a option i need to open a new front panel.Is it possible to do it like that,if so pls guide me.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,655 Views)

Hi Veeru,

See to the attached LLB, you ll get an idea. Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,641 Views)

Hi partha

Thanks for your mail, I need to have main front panel remain open and additionally the newly opening front panels.Also is it possible to do without using the Event structure.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,636 Views)

Hi Veeru,

you can also load the other vi´s dynamically, so that you program is more flexible. Don´t you have the Event Structure or whats the reason behind not using it?

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 06-26-2008 04:06 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,623 Views)

Thanks Mike

Actually i am using event structure in some part of my program, previously i got a suggestion that not to use more event structure,thats the reason i thought i will use with other possible methods.

Is it possibel to do in any other methods.Recently i started learning some interesting things in LabVIEW,thats the reason often i post questions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,620 Views)

Hi Veeru,

one FP per vi is ok. You can simply add the new events to your existing event structure.

Hope it helps.
Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,616 Views)

Thanks Mike

So you mean i cant open more additional FP from main VI,sorry if i misunderstood.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,611 Views)

Hi Veeru,

sorry, i meant one Event Structure per Front Panel is ok. Smiley Happy You can open it like shown by Partha or you load the vi´s dynamically.

Mike

Message 8 of 10
(2,608 Views)
Thanks Mike
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,604 Views)

Veeru wrote:

So you mean i cant open more additional FP from main VI,sorry if i misunderstood.

Hi Veeru,

You can open multiple FPs from the Main VI either dynamically or using CS/ES also. Smiley Happy

Maybe you can try out the option in the VI Properties setting the window to be floating instead of Modal [which I ve set in my VIs].

Or you can try out Mike's suggestion using VI Server >> Run VI method or Call by Reference node (in theApplication palette).
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,579 Views)