LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain vi references in stand alone applications?

Hi all,
My stand alone app includes vi, that obtain graph reference from another vi in such way: Open VI Reference(vi relative path) -> FP -> Controls -> ....  For this application to work correctly, I have to include the last vi in my installer as a supported file, or there's better way?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,276 Views)
Hi,
this is the only feasible way to do it.

BR,
ThSa
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,263 Views)

Hi Err,

You should be able to obtain a reference to a VI that's not built into the app - if the VI already exists where the app can find it at run time.  If that's the issue - getting the VI to be included with the app. - it's also possible to trick the compiler into including it by placing it on a diagram inside a case that's never executed.  Smiley Wink

I'm kind of curious, though, how is the sub-VI used?

Cheers.

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,244 Views)

In the main vi I have an object (XY graph) that is programmaticaly controlled by the others vi's.  To avoid passing graph reference to all this vi's as a parameter, I've create vi, that obtain graph reference. Here is the block diagram:

CameraSubVIs.lvlib:Graph reference.vi

But in the app it won't work correctly, because Camera.vi already don't exist (it's startup vi).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,240 Views)

Hi Err,

FYI: the picture isn't visible - the URL is local to your PC!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,242 Views)

Hi, sorry, here it is:

Message Edited by Err on 08-25-2006 03:02 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,232 Views)
Well you could put camera.vi inside a case - inside the True case, but wire a constant False to selector.  That get Camera VI compiled with the app and allow this diagram to work, without having to add camera.vi  as a support-file in App. Builder. Smiley Happy

But I'm afraid I'm missing some important idea, specifically:

> Camera.vi already don't exist (it's startup vi)

What is meant by "it's startup vi"?

Gotta go now...

Cheers!

Message Edited by tbd on 08-25-2006 04:08 AM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,228 Views)
Thank you. About startup vi - I mean in application specification Camera vi sets as startup
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,222 Views)
Do you mean camera.vi is the top-level VI?

The application itself so to speak?

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,219 Views)
Exactly
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,217 Views)