LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain vi references in stand alone applications?

Situation is more curiously than I supposed. In a case of stand alone app, exe appears as llb for its subvi's. Reference to my object obtains correctly, the weak point of my diagram - to more specific class function. When program runs under LV, This function work correctly, but inside app returns bad reference. I'm sure, that to more specific class input ref - reference of XYGraph (I've check class name). What is the problem?

Message Edited by Err on 08-25-2006 08:08 AM

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,153 Views)
Err,
In this specific stiuation, I think one of the new LabVIEW 8.x tools will help out a great deal. It's called a debuggable executable and it will allow you to look at the block diagram of a running executable. When you're looking at the block diagram you can use probes, high light execution and all the other debugging techniques. Information on how to create\use a debuggable executable can be found in the help article called Debugging Applications and Shared Libraries. You also may be running into the problem described in the KnoweldgeBase called Functionality of Current VI's Path Depends Upon Execution Environment. Let us know what you find.

chris C
Message 12 of 16
(1,140 Views)
I have some news about the problem. First of all, thank you for the idea of using debugging tool. I've probe refnums before and after to more specific class func. The first one includes message: Refnum Not Available For RT, and the second shows Not A Refnum. And what is more, reference created by right clicking on the object and selecting create reference, is Refnum Not Available For RT too. This messages, however, are not appers under LV, only in case of stand alone app. It's very interesting, that property nodes, connected to such refnums provide correct operations with controls. But functions of refnums, such as to more specific class returns bad references. The only idea that I have at the moment is to pass control refnums as in parameters for SubVI's.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,113 Views)
Err,
The error you're indicating seems to imply that you're using LabVIEW Real Time. Is this correct? If so, then it makes sense that you can't get references to front panel items since there is no front panel on an RT target. Therefore you can't get a reference. But why would you want to anyways? All of your uers interface vis should be running on your host and that's where you would want to programmatically manipulate stuff.

Let us know if you aren't using RT and we can go from there.

Chris C
Message 14 of 16
(1,093 Views)
Chris, do you mean, LV Real Time module? I don't think so. I've create my program in LV8.0, then build stand alone app. For this app to work it's enough Run-Time Engine, am I right? Or my app may somehow use lv real time? How to check it?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,073 Views)
Err,
Since you're not using Real Time, the property \ invoke node you're using probably isn't avaliable in the Run time engine. If you locate where the error is ocurring and look at the detailed help for that node, it will tell you if it is avaliabe for the run time engine. See the example below.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,058 Views)