LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge and write Analog input and output data to tdms file?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a vi which writes Analog input into tdms file. I also want to write Analog output signals, which are 2d array inputs into the same tdms file with extra columns representing Analog Output Signals. How can I achieve this functionality?

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,853 Views)

@Ashaironix wrote:

I have a vi which writes Analog input into tdms file. I also want to write Analog output signals, which are 2d array inputs into the same tdms file with extra columns representing Analog Output Signals. How can I achieve this functionality?

What have you attempted so far? Post your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,731 Views)

Hi nyc,

Here is the VI. In the VI I am taking in Logging configuration which has file path and tdms reference file stored in it. I am also taking in Data which consists of Analog Input Data from dqmx read vi. Then I have AO data which represents the Analog data consists of 2D array elements within it. I only write into first row to give AOs. What I am trying to do is take the AO data in , merge into the present AI data and write into tdms file.

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,726 Views)

Not PNG file. Post a VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,716 Views)

I would recommend writing your AO in a different group than your AI.  That is two writes to the TDMS file, but it will make a lot more sense when looking at the file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,713 Views)

Hey Crossrulz,

So you are saying that write two tdms files with inouts as AI and AO and this will write everything into a single tdms file with both AOs and Ais?

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,698 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ashaironix

@Ashaironix wrote:

Hey Crossrulz,

So you are saying that write two tdms files with inouts as AI and AO and this will write everything into a single tdms file with both AOs and Ais?

No.  You write to the same file, just different GROUPS.  TDMS is a hierarchial data format.  You have File, Group, Channel.  The waveform data actually goes into the channel data.  But you can have metadata on any level.  So I would make an AI group and an AO group.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 10
(4,689 Views)

Hey Crossrulz,

I did what you said, and now anbalog output is in a different group (Extra excel sheet) but in the Analog ouputs group it is plottin everything under one tab, there is no way for it to get channel information. I tried manually creeating constants for channel names to tdms write file even then it just reads channel 1 and writes all the channels into one column, How can I obtain channels information and write them into different columns in tdms file?

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,628 Views)

Where are your waveforms coming from?  It is typical that the waveforms coming from DAQmx will include data in its attributes that tells the TDMS file the channel names and settings that go into the channel metadata.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,625 Views)

Hey crossrulz,

My Inputs for the Analog Output Daqmx is a 2D array, I am converting that 2d array to a waveform and writing that waveform into tdms write file. The waveform does not include channels in its attributes. This is the only way I found to read Analog ooutput channels (Directly from 2d array control) . Is there any other wway where I can also get channel attributes?

Labview Learner
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,622 Views)