cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Boolean to Numeric

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

How do I change this code, so that if state one is true, then output number 1. Then if state two is true then output 2 in numeric.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,840 Views)

What if both inputs are TRUE?  And what about H3?  Maybe a simple truth table would help narrow down exactly what you are trying to do.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,825 Views)

Given three switches, there can be a total of eight possible states. You only have 6 LEDs.

Please clarify the problem and provide a full truth table as requested.

Also note that you probably could dramatically simplify your code by using arrays as controls and indicators.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,815 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Given three switches, there can be a total of eight possible states. You only have 6 LEDs.

Please clarify the problem and provide a full truth table as requested.

Also note that you probably could dramatically simplify your code by using arrays as controls and indicators.

One possible interpretation...

altenbach_0-1608140179745.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,803 Views)

Okay, maybe I expressed myself wrong. It is true that there are 8 possible states, but they are not intresting in what im trying to do. The thing i want to do is output a number instead of a led light. So the led in the top "tillstånd 1" should output 1 in a numeric number.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,795 Views)

Wire a numeric indicator to the output of "boolean array to number". Right?

Message 6 of 7
(1,789 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Westen

If only one LED can be TRUE, do "search array" for true and display the index (-1 if all are off).

Depending on how you want to count, add a +1 if needed.

Message 7 of 7
(1,787 Views)