cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log in an ip camera?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

A couple of weekends ago I finally sat down and wrote some code to stream the video from the Foscam IP camera to LabVIEW and display it on the front panel. The cool thing about it: no ActiveX, the solution is cross-platform (tested on Mac and Windows) and does not use any extra LabVIEW toolkits.

I am handling TCP communication directly, and I'm reading the MJPEG stream and breaking it up in individual frames prior to displaying it.

The code is by no means perfect nor ready for production, but I would like to eventually clean it up a little more and post it. One of the biggest issues it has is that LabVIEW has no way that I can find to display a JPEG from memory inot a picture control. So I need to save the data to a file, then read it back just to display it; and the performance is attrocious.

If anyone wants to give it a spin, let me know.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
Message 11 of 13
(665 Views)

Can I have the code please?

Does It Help? Plus Kudos 😜

All the Best

Gabriel de Oliveira
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(446 Views)

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I went back and looked for the code. It's pretty rough but I suppose good enough to post somewhere for others to try out. There's lots of room for improvement. I've posted it on GitHub so whatever modifications you make please send a PR!

https://github.com/marcoskirsch/LabVIEWFoscam

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
Message 13 of 13
(437 Views)