From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface ADAM 4060 in Labview 7.0 ?

Solved!
Go to solution

I got difficulties in interfacing ADAM 4060 with Labview 7.0. I have tested the device using Advantech ADAM Utility software and it working properly. So, its not hardware error or failure.

However, when I want to interface it using Labview, I couldn't make it work. Labview didnot communicate with ADAM 4060. I've try using User Libraries >Advantech DA&A > Advanve > SlowDIO > DioWritePortDword.vi, DioWritePortWord.vi and also standard srandard library, COMWrite.vi

http://docs.google.com/View?docID=0Aak_OiJCAY8kZGd2dmpiMl80NmRxNmJrc2Y2&revision=_latest

Am I using the right function? FYI, I'm Labview newby.

Can anyone please help me? Thank you in avdance.

one-kay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,625 Views)

Hi Khalil

Have a look at this post. I think it may be able to help you.

Best regards

David

NISW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,619 Views)

I've try it before, but it didn't work. I'm pretty sure that I'm using the right value for variable.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

one-kay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,614 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author one-kay

Hi one-kay,

Where did you find that instrument driver? I do not see it on IDnet. Is it from the manufacturer? Perhaps they have further documentation?

You'll note in the other thread that it is simply some serial communication. You may be able to write your own driver pretty easily.

Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,596 Views)

I got the instrument driver from manufacturer, and it comes with documentation.Now I know why it didn't work before. I got some minor software issue on my PC. Perhaps I should use mac for my next project 😃

Anyway, thanks for both od you, I've been motivate to did some research and as the result, I become more familar with LabView.

Thanks JeffL and DavidEk

one-kay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,562 Views)

Hi,

i know it has been a while, but do you know how to communicate between labview and adam 4060 module? the main problem for me is reading the port from labview. It keeps giving me error. Let say it is Com 18, so i type my resource name as ASRL18::INSTR. but it won't detect my device. With the normal adam utilty, i am able to manage my device very well. Btw, i am using a rs485/usb for my computer.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,104 Views)

Hi chelvis7,

Are you using the same set of VIs from the manufacturer as one-kay? Were you able to communicate with the device using the method discussed in the link posted by David?

If you are using an NI 485 to USB adapter (such as the NI USB-485), what version of the following software are you using (can be found by opening Measurement and Automation Explorer and expanding the Software section on the left):

• LabVIEW
  • NI-VISA
  • NI-Serial

Finally what is the error message and error code that you are receiving when attempting communication?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,088 Views)

I found the solutions, you have to activate serial and usb connections in measurement and automation explorer. It is functioning. Thanks for reply.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,080 Views)