From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert a table or object image other than at bottom or report

Please excuse my HTML ignorance. Is there a way to use a previously added tag to go back and insert a FP object at the tag location in an HTML report. The only way I can figure out how to do it would be to append the object using the report generation vis, then search the HTML document for the originally added tag, and replace this tag with the appended code.

I append teat results as they are generated but once all tests are complete, I want to put the summary table at the top (after the header though).

Thanks, Rick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,713 Views)

Hi Rick,

There is no built-in way with the Report Generation VIs to append something to your report anywhere other than the very bottom.  I have attached a VI that shows the best way I can think of to accomplish this...it involves using an internal Report Generation VI called "Generate Report Get Data.vi" that gets the actual string that contains all your HTML from the internal data structure of the Report Generation VIs...once you have this string, you can manipulate it with the normal String functions in LabVIEW...then once you've got it manipulated the way you want, you can stick it back into your report.

I hope this gets you started in the right direction...I saved the VI in LabVIEW 8.0 format.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

-D

Message 2 of 4
(2,704 Views)

Darren, thanks once again.

Do you have a day job?

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,698 Views)

Hi Rick,

Yes, I do have a day job 🙂 ... but lately I've been reserving Monday mornings for writing my Weekly Nugget, and answering Dev Exchange questions.  Besides, I used to be in the AE department, and I remember how nice it was for the R&D guy who owned the product (I've owned the Report Generation Toolkit since version 1.1) to answer the questions instead of having to spend 10x the time digging up the answers myself.

-D

Message 4 of 4
(2,688 Views)