LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase write speed using queues

Solved!
Go to solution
Ravens Fan, I attempted to open your file however, labview said that I am missing a toolkit used by the vi.  I never installed every toolkit provided with labview, to save space, so I am doing that now and hopefully this will resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,598 Views)

The full applications uses the Modbus toolkit, but this particular subVI should not be dependent on that.

It has a subVI I use for logging error messages to a file, but you should need to load that.

It also has a few typedef's it is looking for, but you shouldn't need to load them either.  Just go ahead and tell it to ignore any items it is looking for.  Then you should be able to see the code and figure out what is going on with it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,595 Views)
Ravens Fan, I looked at your example using enums and I can get a basic feel for the VI.  However I do not believe I have enough of an understanding to then implement your idea into my vi.  I then looked back at your previous example and was wondering if a simple modification to it could fit my requirements.  Could I just replace the limit of 100 inputs to the array as the trigger to writing to the file with a manual boolean trigger.  I can check the status of the queue and when it empties and all of my data from that recording seesion is in the array I can then trigger the true condition and write the array to a file.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,576 Views)

That sounds like it might work.  Go ahead and try it.  See how it works for you.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,574 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melioris
I modified my original code to use the example I posted earlier and everything works great.  It really improves the speed of my program.  Thanks for all of the help and here is my modified vi.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,549 Views)
So in reality, you used my idea of building the data into a shift register, changed the conditions of when it writes out the data from the shift register to the file, and now say your minor modification to my idea is the solution?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,541 Views)

Whoa there

Ravens Fan I don't think he was trying to slight you with the accepted solution, I think he was just trying to mark the one he's actually going to use.  And if you look back, Melioris does say that the "one he posted earlier" is your idea

Melioris, make it extra clear where the ideas/solutions are coming from to avoid stepping on toes, and I probably would've marked ravens fan's post as the accepted solution.  That being said...

fireext.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,533 Views)
Sorry for the mix up and thanks for letting me know.  I was just trying to show everyone what vi I was finally going to use.  I thought I had been clear in the previous post,that I was using your example in my new vi.  I apologize for marking the wrong solution then.  Wont' happen again.  Thanks everyone.
Message 18 of 18
(1,522 Views)