cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase sampling rate with my LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I got a unit with Labview from previous people in the group. I need to increase the rate at which my pressure transducer's readings are saved. Here are some things i tried: 

I tried increase the "rate" in the "Pressure Transducer. vi" file, associated with the sampling clock. However, that didn't seem to change much. 

I also tried changing timeouts in "Pressure Transdcuer Read. vi" file, but that didn't seem to help either. When I checked the "data" in the Pressure Transdcuer Read. vi, It's telling me that dt = 0.00062, but the data I recorded is about 1 data point/ second. I'm not sure if dt is associated with anything. 

Any idea other things I could try? Thank you. 

Any idea how I can increase the rate 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,826 Views)

First, don't create and clear your DAQ task every loop iteration. Also, in general you do not want to write the data to a file in the same loop you are acquiring your data. File access can be quite slow and will vary in time.

As for your specific question, your loop is running a rate of 1KHz and a loop period of 1000, which means your loop is only running once per second.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 4
(3,807 Views)

Hi, 
Thank you so much for your answer. 

So I only need to decrease my loop period? Any idea how to decrease the loop period, by decreasing the rate? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,804 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HelloHelloHello

You can right click on the input node of the time looped and select "Configure Input Node" and then change you loop period. Or you can simply wire a value into it.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 4 of 4
(3,800 Views)