LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a direct communication between LabVIEW and a the LAB310 Phantom Camera

Good Afternoon.

My name is Rômulo and currently I'm working in a project that requires the usage of a LAB310 Phantom Camera.

I'm having some difficulties concerning the code implementation of the direct communication between the camera itself and the Labview software. 

We have different goals: We want to create a trigger between the start of the recording and the openning of a solenoid valve present in the experiment apparatus, as well as saving the recorded video, among others.

Any kind of help will be well received.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,000 Views)

Just to say that I already checked others forums and couldn't find a satisfactory answer to my doubts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,993 Views)

Your post mentions a Camera that you "have to use", and LabVIEW.  What you did not mention are the imaging requirements you need (resolution, color or greyscale, images/sec) nor the LabVIEW expertise you have available (including experience with LabVIEW Vision).  You also failed to tell us very much about the Camera.

From the manufacturer's Web site, it appears that the Camera can be triggered by external hardware signals or through software.  It also appears that the manufacturer provides a LabVIEW SDK that interfaces with their proprietary software to get it to "do the work" that you need.

You will need some LabVIEW expertise to manage the synchronization of the various hardware tasks you may need to accomplish, including the production of the trigger signal, operation of the solenoid valve, and integration with the Camera SDK to handle the image acquistion you desire.  Once the images have been acquired and saved to disk, you should be able to access them through the Phantom Software as well as through other Image Processing packages, including LabVIEW's IMAQ.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,915 Views)