LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to illiminate some local variables

I don't think I want to change it to doubles because I will be using the headers as well.

My next hurdle will be manipulating the measurement data. What I have here is before and after measurements on 1 to 4 supply currents. I measure all supplies and then check for changes of 10mA or more according to the latch-up spec.

if I have only 2 supplies, to make it simple, here's what I need to do.

number  supply #    measurement

1          1              2mA

2          2              1mA

3          1               2mA

4          2               11mA  Failure

find difference by subtracting

number 1 from number 3 (Supply1)

number 2 from number 4 (Supply2)

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 43
(993 Views)

I think I found a good way to do it.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 43
(983 Views)

Will that scale?

How about

snip.png

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 43
(973 Views)

@DickHutchings wrote:

I think I found a good way to do it.

A couple of crossed wires is better than a pile of blue wired indices.

Crossings.png

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 43
(972 Views)

McDuff, I have no idea how you came up with this arrangement, I'll study it some more. Will it scale? That could be a problem.  It needs to do the math on 1, 2, 3 or 4 supplies.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 43
(964 Views)

@DickHutchings wrote:

Will it scale? That could be a problem.  It needs to do the math on 1, 2, 3 or 4 supplies.

What is "it"? Please always quote relevant sections when replying. There are many posts above.

How many elements per supply? Two or four? (e.g. If there is only one supply, what's the value of the second element?)

If each supply adds four elements to the array, you could do something like that...

reshaper.png

Please show us typical arrays for 1, 2, 3, and 4 supplies so we can understand the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 43
(956 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

Will that scale?

Your shift registers serve no obvious purpose. regular, non-indexing input tunnels would be sufficient.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 43
(948 Views)

There are 2 elements per supply and there could be 1,2,3 or 4 supplies. Because I take the measurements on all supplies sequentially and then repeat the measurement once for all the supplies, it's a bit of a tangled mess to work with.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 43
(945 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@mcduff wrote:

Will that scale?

Your shift registers serve no obvious purpose. regular, non-indexing input tunnels would be sufficient.

True. But maybe the OP wants to interleaves the arrays at the end to recover the original array, or do something else with the decimated arrays, I have no idea, just leaving options available. But if the array is not needed then you are completely correct, no shift registers needed.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 43
(944 Views)

@DickHutchings wrote:

There are 2 elements per supply and there could be 1,2,3 or 4 supplies. Because I take the measurements on all supplies sequentially and then repeat the measurement once for all the supplies, it's a bit of a tangled mess to work with.

There are billions of possible messes. Can you a bit more specific?

Since the array elements for one supply are not adjacent, would you get one array with three elements if there is only one supply, discarding the second element? I asked for example arrays for 1,2,3, 4 supplies. Please give examples.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 43
(938 Views)