LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a steady input signal

Hello. I am getting a signal in from an instrument that shows steady on my analog meter but it goes between values rapidly. I put a 1-second timer on it but it will still jump from say 80 volts, to 82 volts, to 79 volts............. . I put a scope on it, just to see and it shows a steady DC value. I tried using a "Round to nearest", thinking that would stabalize it but it doesn't. Any ideas?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,116 Views)

What you want to achieve is moving average, have a look at the VI here and adapt it for you.

http://www.ni.com/example/25082/en/

Message 2 of 11
(3,110 Views)
Again, you provide little information. What is the instrument? How are you reading it? Where is your code?
Message 3 of 11
(3,107 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
Again, you provide little information. What is the instrument? How are you reading it? Where is your code?

Agilent 4263B LCR Meter. Analog input to a USB-6002. Using double precision floating point.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,086 Views)
Can you attach it as a snippet, please?

As mentioned earlier, you probably just need to do some averaging, just like a meter does. I'm also curious why you are using a fairly inaccurate 6002 instead of reading the instrument directly with RS232.
Message 5 of 11
(3,053 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
Can you attach it as a snippet, please?

As mentioned earlier, you probably just need to do some averaging, just like a meter does. I'm also curious why you are using a fairly inaccurate 6002 instead of reading the instrument directly with RS232.

Snippet attached. This is just a Vi I am testing with.

curious why you are using a fairly inaccurate 6002  Lol, I didn't select it. It is a proof of concept sort of a thing however, expecting movement in the micron's, this DAQ device may not be sufficient for even proof of concept.

instead of reading the instrument directly with RS232.  For my project, it will read from RS-232, this is merely a test. It will be reading the same sort of signal from an amplifier. I just couldn't bring amp home with me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,008 Views)
Since everything is hidden in that subVI, I cannot comment any further.
Message 7 of 11
(3,002 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
Since everything is hidden in that subVI, I cannot comment any further.

I attached my actual project, if that will help. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,873 Views)

@Jimmy.chretien wrote:

What you want to achieve is moving average, have a look at the VI here and adapt it for you.

When I open it it doesn't have a Vi on it, at least not from what I see.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,870 Views)

@Jimmy.chretien wrote:

I have tried this a number of times but the only thing I can find on averaging requires a waveform. All I have is a table of data.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,860 Views)