From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get LabView to recognize Agilent Electronic Load Instrument?

I have an Agilent 6060B DC electronic load instrument connected to my computer via a GPIB connection on the back of the Agilent instrument and plugged into a USB port on my computer. I downloaded the correct driver for this instrument, but am confused how to get LabView to recognize the instrument. I opened the Measurement and Automation explorer, and the only devices and interfaces connected to my computer are registering as COM1 and LPT1. When I run a VI from the driver file for this instrument I also cannot choose this instrument as an option to input data from, it again only has COM1 and LPT1 as options.

How can I resolve this problem? I hope it's something simple that I'm missing, but just can't seem to find it on any forum or instruction manual.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,010 Views)

The driver for the instrument has nothing at all to do with MAX or LabVIEW seeing any devices. You seem to have a USB-GPIB controller. What is the make and model? If it's from NI, then you need to install NI-488.2 and NI-VISA. These both came on the CD with the controller. Follow the installation instructions that came with it. You can also click the support link at the top of the page to get a link for all hardware drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,007 Views)

The cord came with the Agilent electronic load instrument. The brand of the wire is Agilent 82357A USB/GPIB Interface. I'm not sure there was any cd that came with this wiring. I am going to do a google search for drivers for this cord though. Any more advice? I'm new to connecticut instruments to the computer to use in LabView.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,003 Views)

You can get the Agilent drivers from Agilent - where else?

Once you have installed the drivers, in MAX you have to enable tulip support for the non-NI controller to be recognized. Expand the software listing, select NI-VISA, select the VISA Options tab, select General Setting>Passports. Check the box for NI-VISA Support for Tulip.

p.s. It's not a 'cord' or 'wire'. It's a GPIB controller. There are numerous GPIB tutorials available on the web. You should google that before you start doing any LabVIEW programming.

Message 4 of 4
(2,980 Views)