LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate and use a clock signal for internal triggering.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all, 

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have been tasked with programming a data collection/operation system for the experiment I am working on, and have no idea where to start. My goal is to generate a 0-5V clock signal with a user desired frequency control on the front panel and use said signal to internally trigger events. As for the output, I need to control a digital and analog port. Both channels should output a pulse of user specified width at a user specified delay from every from every rising edge of the clock signal. The only difference between the two is that I need to specify the output voltage to the analog port.

If anyone could offer some guidance as to the best way to do this, it would be great! Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,955 Views)
Solution
Accepted by C-N-O

HI C-N-O,

What hardware are you going to use? Do you have access to a Counter Output Channel? If you do, here is an example hat shows you how to generate a Continuos Pulse Train using DAQmx VIs (if you are using National Instruments hardware, if not you could check if there is a driver available for your device):

Community: Generate Continuous Pulse Train
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12164

You could also start by looking at the examples of DAQmx, to see some details of analog and digital control.

(if you have the driver installed already, you can look for them under LabVIEW -> Help-> Find Examples -> Browse-> Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx)

Regards,

Carolina 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,891 Views)