From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to establish wireless communication between two PC's running in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Using our lab PC with labview 2010 SP1, we are controlling 2 EC motors with its position controller. 

Is it possible to wirlessly monitor and control this program using another PC installed with same LabVIEW 2012 SP1.

If so, what are the possibilities?

Is it possible to do this using ad-hoc network?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,920 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prasanth_Thangavel

Sure you can.

As long as you can get the two PC's to be on the same network wirelessly, LabVIEW won't notice that it is a wireless vs. a wired connection.

You could use shared variables.  You could use TCP/IP to send data back and forth.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,910 Views)

Sorry for the bump.

I'm required to establish wireless communication between two PCs using labview. One is a Labview 2010 version and the other is a Labview 2012 version. Is it possible to establish a connection? If so, how do I go about it?

Any useful links would also be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,482 Views)

Yes.

Just use the TCP/IP functions that both LabVIEW 10 and 12 have.  Look in the example finder for TCP/IP communicatioin examples.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,466 Views)

Thank you for the helpful reply Ravensfan.

Could you give me a link to the example finder of TCP/IP communication examples?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,439 Views)

Way to open Example Finder - Navigate to Help >> Find Examples... Then, search for TCP/IP.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,430 Views)