LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw a thermometer marker?

I want to draw a marker in a thermometer indicator (see the attach). I Drew the arror of the attach with a picture editor.
How can I draw something like the arror in my VI? I'm using LabVIEW 8.2.1.
Raymundo Cassani
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,234 Views)

Hi Raymundo,

you can use the decorations to draw an arrow. If you want that this decoration element is part of your control use the advanced palette and customize it. Attached is an example.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,225 Views)

If the arrow is in a static location, just get an arrow decoration from the decoration palette and place it in the desired location.

If you want to be able to set the placement of the arrow programmatically, you can use a thermometer with two sliders and customize it. Use one slider for the temperature and the second slider for the marker. You need to customize the thermometer, import an arrow decoration into the slider, and move it off to the side. Attached is a quick draft (LV 8.2.1).

Message 3 of 8
(4,224 Views)
Thank you  altenbach.

Your VI was a great help for me.
But, How do you do that?  Where can I find information about customize controls?

Thanks again.

Mensaje editado por Ray Cassani
Raymundo Cassani
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,180 Views)

Great example but I need to have a slider with a digital readout that moves as the user sets the slider position.  Any ideas?

MattLM_0-1640189185255.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,036 Views)

Check out the VI in this reply and see if it gives you some direction.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,029 Views)

@MattLM wrote:

Great example but I need to have a slider with a digital readout that moves as the user sets the slider position.  Any ideas?

That looks pretty clunky because there is no obvious way to avoid overlaps. Maybe you can use a special format, such as demonstrated in the "slide" here.

(OTOH, if you would replace it all with a picture controls and some code, you can do anything you want.)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,017 Views)