Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw a spectrum like this?

Solved!
Go to solution
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,415 Views)

I want to use Labview to do STFT and the ideal answer is shown like that picture. I want to know is it possible to draw a graph like that in Labview? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,411 Views)

Hi Legends,

yes, it's possible: use the intensity chart or graph!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,406 Views)

Thanks for your answer. I know I need to use intensity graph, but I don know how to get the right answer like the picture shows which the spectrum is distributed in blocks in time axis.Simply connecting the output of the STFT and the input of intensity graph cannot get what I want. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,395 Views)

Thanks for your answer. I know I need to use intensity graph, but I don know how to get the right answer like the picture shows which the spectrum is distributed in blocks in time axis.Simply connecting the output of the STFT and the input of intensity graph cannot get what I want.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,390 Views)

Hi Legends,

using a graph you need to collect your FFT data over time and plot the collected array.

By using a chart you can wire the FFT data directly to the chart as it will maintain it's own history of data…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 9
(3,357 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for your advice. I will try to do it as you say.

Best regards,

Legends

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,343 Views)

Dear GerdW,

The required pic shows that it puts several STFT spectrum together. By simply wiring intensity chart to STFT I cannot get that. If it is possible, could you give me a simple example which can get the similar graph so I can learn? Thank you!

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Legends

simple example consisting of signal generator, STFT and intensity chart:

Beispiel_VI.png

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 9 of 9