LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do frequency scaling of a signal?

Hi,
I'm trying to create a vi to prove a property of fourier transform, Time Scaling Property, the property is shown in the attached MS office file. I'm planning to prove the properties by showing the graph of two different routes, the first one I straight away take the FFT of the scaled signal and for the second one I take the FFT of the original signal, scale the frequency & amplitude by factors 'a'. (Please refer to the attached file). The output graph of the two routes should be the same.

I've created the vi, but I encountered a problem at scaling the frequency after I take the FFT of the original signal. Right now I'm trying to get the components of the waveform and scale the them per components but looks like it does not work.

Please take a look

Thanks,
Edward
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,715 Views)
    I can`t see your VI cause i've a lower version. I hope this VI to do what you want. 

But now i have one question: Somebody knows why i get this message when i enable the disable diagram of the this vi? The message is attached, version is 8.0, winxp.
Paul
Mechatronic engineer
Lima-Perú
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,689 Views)
Hey Paul,

I tried out your vi and got the same error when using LV 8.0.

It doesn't appear in LV8.5, so it has been fixed. You could try the LabVIEW 8.5 Evaluation the Evaluation Software page.

Thank you for the feedback!!
Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,660 Views)