LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can get "value change" event if I have a XControl with both indicators and control?

Hi All,

I'm using LV 8.5.1. My problem is followed: I have created a Xcontrol which is compound of few  indicators and controls. On my code XControl act always as indicator and I read control values by using my own created properties. I need to launch a new event when user change some of the control values. At this moment event structure can't detect these changes. Is this a property or a bug ?

BR,
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,492 Views)
Hi BR,

You should change your XControl on the owning VI into a control.
Inside the XControl you can have both controls and indicators.
This will give your user the possibility to change one of them.
Note that you have to make additional event cases inside your XControl for those controls.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,472 Views)
Hi Ton,

Thanks for your hints. I made a small test and found quite strange behavior of my XControl. I added one ring, boolean, and enum control to my XControl (see attachment) and added "value change" events inside the XControl. I added "one button dialog" VI to those events to recognize if event is fired. When I  change value of ring or enum (items 1,3,4) sometimes  pop-up shows up  and sometimes not but when I change value of boolean it always fires a event.

So my Xcontrol and main VI fires event always only when I change boolean value. Do you have any suggestion how to proceed? At this moment I can't send whole code here 😞    
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,442 Views)
I can't find a valid reason for this. Try to replace the message with just a plain string indicator inside your XControl, that might help.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,426 Views)