LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display binary information in sequence ?

hi,

I made a small program that open a binary file, which is actually a video, and store data of the first frame in a 2D array. I display it in the front panel without using an external display (Imaq Create with Imaq Array to Image). I tried a for loop to display the first ten frames which works well but at the end of the loop, I only have access to the last frame.

I would like to display the images in sequence and keep them in memory, using a scrollbar for example to have access to every frame of the video. I browsed the forum but I only found one thread dealing with that matter and the goal of the poster was to display and fade images (using the Motion Pictures.vi example).

Any idea much appreciated!

PS: could you please upload Motion Pictures.vi in 8.0 version?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,646 Views)

I could try to run Vision assistant and open images. But it means that i have to save every image before opening them with Vision. It won't be that heavy for ten frames, but how can i do for a whole sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,628 Views)

I finally used an array of images out of the for loop, based on sequence.vi.

Could someone upload the example motion pictures.vi in version 8.0 please ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,610 Views)
It would help if you provided a link to where you actually found that VI.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,605 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,595 Views)

untitled.PNG

This is a little simpler.  More general too.  Of course you could replace the property nodes with constants too.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,592 Views)

Thanks for the upload!

I got the image array from sequence.vi but i don't know how i can create it by myself. I can't link ArrayToImage to an array.

Do you have any idea how i can create it ?

PS: Thx elset I will keep the array of images to proceed my sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,573 Views)