LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit dialog box expressVI

Hi, I need to replicate the expressVI "Mask and Limit Testing". In runtime, the user can press a button and the same panel than the expessVI should be opened.

A couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to edit the Configuration Dialog Box of this express VI? I can find just the SubVI and SourceVI, but not Configuartion Dialog Box. Whether I cannot edit it, is there any chance to use this dialog box programmatically? Creating an  instance?

2) Writing code, how can I replicate the same functionality? I did it using the method "Map coord to XY", but it is not exactly what I want.

Thanks a lot. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,365 Views)
Is this what you're looking for: Create or Edit Express VI Dialog Box.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,354 Views)

I installed the Express VI development Toolkit. But when I run it, it appears completely empty (see picture).

Then it cannot help me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,348 Views)
Not sure what you are trying to acomplish, but if you put the expess VI on the block diagram you can right-click on it and select 'Open Front Panel'.  Say 'yes' when it askes if you want to convert it, then it becomes a sub-vi with a front panel and block diagram you can edit.  Basically this replaces the 'Configuration Dialog Box'.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,341 Views)

The configuration dialog box is a another different VI respect the SubVi you put in your block diagram. What I need is edit the VI you can see in the attached picture.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,329 Views)