LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Excel data on waveform chart

Solved!
Go to solution
Since you need to select columns, I'm not sure there is any need to read the file by lines. Just read it all at once so that the user can view all of the column's data. Once read, you can display x number of columns at a time, allowing the user to select which columns to appear in the final graph.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 41
(1,097 Views)

@Munna: I've been working on the first vi you suggested.  Please see the attached.  From what I understand, I"m not specifiying a row but I'm specifying the 3rd column.  When I execute the VI, it shows data from the first column.  I also used probes and attached a screenshot.  Why do probes 23, 25 and 26 have 9 elements?  Where are they coming from?

Also, why can't I duplicate the y-axis?  I want to stack plots and show each column as a separate plot.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 41
(1,059 Views)
You are obviously not reading the context help. You have both row and column wired and you are getting a single element - not an entire column.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 41
(1,049 Views)

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong version.  In this one, I don't have the row wired, only the column but I'm still getting the first column.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 41
(1,044 Views)

Hi Rhupd,

Please check your Index array. You have connected two index arrays to For Loop. In that case you’re For Loop will executes based on Least array size.

And also, why your passing Index “0” many times (after Index 0)? Do you want to display Same signal (1st Signal) many times?

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 41
(1,023 Views)
And you really should be using a graph instead of a chart.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 41
(1,015 Views)
It's also very silly to have the read inside of a loop. Waste of resources.

Please review some of the basic tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 41
(1,013 Views)
It's also very silly to have the read inside of a loop. Waste of resources.

Please review some of the basic tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 41
(1,009 Views)

Hi Dennis_Knutson

How we can display all Signals data in Graph at once (if Data size is very large)?

Suppose I have 100000x1000000 2D Array .. In that I want display 10 columns. How we can do it with “Plot Visibility Check”?

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 41
(994 Views)
I wouldn't be using read from spreadsheet with 100000 columns. The original poster mentioned as many as 300.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 41
(981 Views)