From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delay and output trigger during retriggerable DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author ceties

Hi Ceties,

In fact, if you want to generate just single pulse each time trigger is received, it is enough to use only one counter, and set it in retriggerable mode. You can find simple example in example finder - Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx -> Generating Digital Pulses -> Gen Dig Pulse-Retriggerable.vi.

However, if you don't have any free counter on your board, there is no hardware-based solution available with your card you could think about. You can use software-based timing as was described hereinbefore. However, you need to keep in mind, that such a sloution would introduce instability with timing delay. This means, that instead of delaying the pulse by specified 100ms, you could receive delay anywhere near (for example 120ms or 144). This instability in timing is caused by non-real-time operating system (Windows).

If you have further questions, let me know.

Martin

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Message 11 of 12
(615 Views)
I am aware of the timing instability that's why I wanted to go the harware way. Anyway thanks a lot for your help. Sometimes to realize that something is impossible is also solution. Thanks again.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(612 Views)