LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create two types of latches with a single throw?

Hi everyone,
I want to create two latches with a single click of mouse...how can it be done...
!) Latch when released(boolean) i.e which toggles with every release of mouse click.
2) Switch when pressed(boolean)...i.e which retains its value once pressed.
I want both these processes to be done by single click of my mouse.
Is that possible...
Can any one help me around with this...
Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,557 Views)
Well, you cannot have both at the same time with the same boolean.
  • Do you want two different outputs from the single boolean switch?
  • You you want to select the action?

Attached are two possible interpretations (LV 8.0).

Message Edited by altenbach on 05-31-2007 02:14 PM

Download All
Message 2 of 5
(2,551 Views)
I want some kind of latter operation....Latchand Switch.vi
As soon as I click my mouse...my clicking action causes two movements...in one the latch control action begins and in the other switch control action starts.
I.e. two types of action in same click or with a difference of one or two milli second
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,542 Views)

or is there any alternative... to achieve this??

Can anyone help me around...

Rohit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,528 Views)

!) Latch when released(boolean) i.e which toggles with every release of mouse click.
2) Switch when pressed(boolean)...i.e which retains its value once pressed.

I want some kind of latter operation....Latchand Switch.vi
As soon as I click my mouse...my clicking action causes two movements...in one the latch control action begins and in the other switch control action starts.
I.e. two types of action in same click or with a difference of one or two milli second

altenbach's LatchAndSwitch.vi example does this.  The latch is activated when the mouse is released, and it is followed by the switch which retains that value.  To reduce the time between the two actions, change the numeric value for the wait in the block diagram to 1 or 2 which will roughly be one to two milliseconds.  Because this is on a non-deterministic OS, we cannot guarantee zero jitter, but for your application I think it will be accurate enough.  Keep in mind that once you get below 30 ms or so your monitor and/or your eye won't be fast enough to catch the latch LED blink.

Is there another feature that you would like?

Message Edited by Trey B on 06-01-2007 12:24 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,502 Views)