From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple linked dialog radio buttons?

Solved!
Go to solution

As in the title.  I am trying to create a user interface wherein each dialog radio button activates a group of controls and options, and results in a subtly different execution of the VI.  Only one dialog radio button can be selected at any one time.  Bearing in mind that I use LabVIEW 6.1 (just so you don't go suggesting any of these newfangled functions ;)) could someone suggest a means of achieving my aim.

Thanking you all way in advance...!

James

P.S.  I cannot attach my 'code' as I am starting this from scratch.  🙂

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,642 Views)

I dont have access to LV 6 right now, but at least as far back as v7.1 there is a "Radio Buttons" control in the Boolean palette. This control will let you have a number of linked radio buttons and gets represented as an enum on the block diagram. If you then wire this to a case structure, you can choose desired behaviour based on the selected radio button:

Message Edited by shew82 on 05-06-2009 11:23 AM
Download All
Message 2 of 4
(3,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by J.Mamakos

No radio buttons control in LabVIEW 6...

There was an example that shipped with LabVIEW 6 that showed you how to simulate a radio button group.  It's in the "Advanced Examples -> Customizing Control and VI Examples -> Custom Control Examples" section. It's called (appropriately) "Simulating Radio Buttons".

Message 3 of 4
(3,629 Views)
Why is your boss so stingy? Labview has actually shown some development since 6.1. And if you need examples you will have a hard time finding 6.1 examples on the net. I do honestly think a newer Labview version could increase your productivity. So with a newer Labview version your company could save some money.  You should mention that for Mr. Ebenezer Scrooge 
Message Edited by Coq rouge on 05-06-2009 06:17 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,618 Views)