LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create/edit run time right click short cut menus for controls in a cluster by programming

Hi all,

I'm trying to create and edit short cut menus specifically for the boolean controls in a cluster of boolean and string controls, however, I want the VI to recognize which boolean was selected from the right click to bring up the short-cut menu by the user. The menu item's action will then gather that certain boolean control that was right clicked's caption label and then store it into the table control once chosen by the user

I know this is an event structure set up but I'm having a hard time getting the program to recognize which boolean was actually right clicked upon. Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,155 Views)

Just compare previous value(Cluster Elements) with current value (Cluster Elements) , then you will get to know which Boolean was actually triggered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,144 Views)

If the cluster has both strings and boolean, how would I differentiate that the user actually right-clicked a boolean control rather than the string control next to it to compare current values, since they are both listed in the cluster elements?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,122 Views)

Hope at a time only one event can occur and the same will be captured using Event register, while finding the difference, it will give you the exact control.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,117 Views)