cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom subVI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I started searching if its possible to create a subVI capable of changing its own inputs/outputs based on

selector of its own. For example, the main input of this subVI is a CONTROL Selector (like an ENUM Constant)

and when I select one of its options, automatically the subVI enables and shows certain input/outputs that

corresponds to the option select. So, inputs/outputs of subVI will change when different option is selected.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If it is, can you share the knowledge of how to do it? I'm debugging and

a program, and this will come in handy.

Thanks to all, I appreciate your help!.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,578 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JLuna

Look into polymorphic VIs.  I think that will do what you need.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,569 Views)

Hi JLuna,

Can you provide a little bit more information about the application you are trying to implement? 

Look into this link, it explains how to modify a conector pane programatically:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/scripting_configuring_connector_panes/

Also in the "Labview examples" (Labview>>examples>>VI Scripting) you can find:

• Add terminals to conector pane
  • Test - Conector Pane

Those may help.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,492 Views)

Hope you need to go with Polymorphic VI as suggested by Bilko

If You are not aware of polymorphic VI creation, please find the steps

1. Create 2 VI of your choice as required with controls and indicators as you expect.

2.Create New and select Polymorphic VI from LabVIEW Main Window and Add the VI's you developed in step 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,477 Views)

Ok, I'll check this topic and I will post further news. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,444 Views)