LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an intensity waveform graph cluster with t_0 and dt ?

Hi all,

I would like to know whether it is possible to create an intensity waveform like you can do with a 1-d waveform (with "build waveform") so that you get a cluster with the waveform array, the t_0, the dtand the attributes. 

If not I would like to know the following:  I use references to cluster typedefs to update my controls and indicaters on the front panel. Now if I use a property node for the intensity graph to set the offset and multiplier on the x-scale, the x-scale on the graphs on the sub-VI work perfectly, however not on the real front panel, probably since these get updated through a reference. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Regards, Pieter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,756 Views)

There should be no problem setting and updating offset and multiplier via property nodes connected to a reference, so I suspect you have a different problem.

Can you attach some simple code that shows the problem?

Message 2 of 5
(2,755 Views)

Thanks,

that's interesting. Is it then necessary to recreate all references, which are used to refer to the final front panel? 

I added a LabVIEW 8.2 file. Everything right of the case selector is normally put in a separate VI. The reference that goes comes from a reference constant, which is originally created from the original type def on the front panel (but is passed on through a lot of sub-VI's before it reaches this point). 

Regards, Pieter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,736 Views)

You are only writing the "value" of the type definition via the property node. This does not include properties such as offset and multiplier.

On a sidenote, you are using way too much code for most operations.

For example, the to-I32 can be placed on the cluster, so only one instance is needed.

Also property nodes are resizeable, so only one instance is needed.

There are also Rube Goldberg constructs, such as ">0  *AND* TRUE", which is the same as a simple ">0" 😉

Overall, you are really fragmenting memory by constantly building and then resizing arrays to keep them at a max size of 2880. This can cause performance problems due to the constant need of reallocations. It might be better to use fixed size arrays and do things "in place".

Message Edited by altenbach on 03-19-2009 09:57 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,716 Views)

Thanks again! your tips were really helpful.

However, I still am not completely out of trouble. I already figured that it would be something as not only passing on the reference to the values but also to the configuration of the graphs and scales etc. But I couldn't find a property in the reference property node that does this tric, can you help me one more time on this? 

Regards!

P.s. the ">0  *AND* TRUE" is merely a testing setup and reminder for myself, but indeed it looks a bit stupid. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,699 Views)