LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a dataplugin for DataFinder using LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

We want to use LabVIEW to create a dataplugin that will be used by DataFinder (My DataFinder). We have found on the NI web site the LabVIEW DataPlugin SDK - , a SDK that allow us to create a dataplugin. The SDK is for LabVIEW 8.6.

The dataplugin example code of the SDK work very well in the “For testing” section of the development project. We are also able to register it to use it through DataFinder. The dataplugin is available in the “Configure ...” window of DataFinder.The problem is that the dataplugin doesn’t work with DataFinder. We didn’t receive any kind of error message or code. We only get the value “eIndexedFailure” in the “Index status” property. After expectation, it seems those input parameters are different between a LV and a VBS dataplugin. And we think that can be the source of the problem.

There is someone that can help us about that?

We also want to use LabVIEW 2009. The SDK example work under 2009, but we get the same problem with DataFinder.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,204 Views)

Hi ERGE,

Can you please post a screenshot of the error?

thanks

FLash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,168 Views)
eIndexedFailure.JPG
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,156 Views)

Hi ERGE,

the current version of the LabVIEW DataPlugin SDK only support LabVIEW 8.6.

We are working on an updated version to support LabVIEW 2009.

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,140 Views)
Yes I know. But even if we build it under LabVIEW 8.6, it doesn't work with DataFinder. We receive the same error.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,137 Views)

Hi ERGE,

The first thing that I would like you to look at is your RegisterLabVIEWDataPlugin.ini file in your data plugin project.  I would like you to verify that the data types that you see in this project are the correct ones.  Secondly, I would like you navigate to a grey folder within DIAdem, and select a file that should open up wtih this DataPlugin.  You can right click, and select open with, and then select your data plugin from the resulting list.  I would be curious to see if this works.  If not, then we will need to continue to troublshoot your project set-up.

Cheers,
Kelly R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ERGE
Dear Kelly R, you're right I can’t open the file in DIAdem. The RegisterLabVIEWDataPlugin.ini file is correct. But I’ve just tried to rebuild the project and then use the Installer instead of just using the Deploy. Now it works, even with my own code. Now I can open the file in DIAdem without problem. The installer uses the “NI LabVIEW Dataplugin 1.0” package. It seems that the SDK installer has never install this package.I thank you all for your help. 
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,098 Views)
Please find an updated version of the LabVIEW DataPlugin SDK to support LabVIEW 2009.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,007 Views)