LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create 16 bit image data from 24 bit image data

Hi all,

I created 24 bit image data from set of  intensity values using Flatten Pixmap  vi.I would like to create 16 bit image data from this 24 bit image data,how can I achieve it without using IMAQ tool.

Thanks & regards

Manoj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,211 Views)

Why not IMAQ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,191 Views)

Is it 16 bit per channel or 16 bits RGB? For the 2nd option, you will need to reduce the red and blue to 5 bits, and the green to 6 bits per pixel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,110 Views)

Hi,

It is 16 bits per channel,But I would like to create 16 bit PING image ,but "Write PING file Vi" shows 16 bit image type reserved for future use.How to create 16 bit PING image without IMAQ tool kit? 

Thanks

Manoj

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,081 Views)
-I am not sure whether native labview function support that or not. But IMAQ write to PNG does.
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F606CA86691CA090862579B500640884
-Check Use bit depth input of IMAQ write to png
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281P-01/imaqvision/imaq_write_file_2/#IMAQWritePNGFile2
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,063 Views)

@manojkp89 wrote:

Hi,

It is 16 bits per channel,But I would like to create 16 bit PING image ,but "Write PING file Vi" shows 16 bit image type reserved for future use.How to create 16 bit PING image without IMAQ tool kit? 

Thanks

Manoj

This sounds like you can split the 24 bits in 3 bytes and fill up with an empty byte, thus get 16 bits per channel.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,054 Views)