LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy and paste a txt file to different directory

Solved!
Go to solution

It looks very simple. I used the "copy" from the advanced file function. It worked fine until I created a standalone one. It gave error and did not do what it did.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Opt_Ottawa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,188 Views)

Hi Opt_Ottawa,

please explain a bit more. What did you made? Which error did you get? Maybe you can post your code or a picture of it.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 03-11-2009 09:36 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,184 Views)

Hello,

see this VI.

Phil

NTA-Automation

Philippe B.
Certified Associate Developer / Dépt Moyens d'essais

www.ingenia-system.com
Message 3 of 9
(6,178 Views)

Hi Phil,

which error did you get and when did you got it? Did you build an executable?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,171 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Opt_Ottawa

Perhaps you're having a path issue.  Recall that when you build your program into an executable the executable file is added to the path and you end up with one more Strip Path required to get where you were during development.

Did you get an Error 7 occurred at New File?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,133 Views)

If you get error 10 try this.

Message Edited by t06afre on 03-12-2009 01:18 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,124 Views)

Hi Opt_Ottawa,

What version of LabVIEW are you using?   I tested it in LabVIEW 8.6 with just a copy in the VI.  It worked fine in both the development environment and as an executable.  What error are you seeing?  Can you attach a screenshot of your VI?

Best Regards,

Bryan H.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,095 Views)

Thanks for all. it's working now. The file path makes a difference.

Thanks,

Opt_Ottawa

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,091 Views)

Please mark Jcarmody's post as solution to your problem that will help others who may face same problem like yours and searching for a proper solution. You can do it by selecting solution from the options menu at the top right corner of Jcarmody's post. Hope you understand.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,070 Views)