LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert voltage and current reading to resistance using labview?

We have problems putting the 2 readings together and formulate the resistance value.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,185 Views)
The definition of resistance is the in-phase part of the division of voltage bij current.
From a project concerning a high-current resistive bridge I did the programming of, I know there are many measurement-factors that you need to consider if you do low-resistance measurements.
Please explain your problem in more detail so some-one may give you the right hint.

Patrick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,185 Views)
The output of the current source and the voltage measurement is taken to be the input(by Labview), thus we could not connect them to a buffer to formulate the R=V/I. How can we change the input to output instead?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,185 Views)
I don't understand what the problem is. What do mean by "taken to be the input"? You take the outputs of the current and voltage measurements and just wire them to the divide function.

Also, when you attach a VI, it's a good idea to attach it as a zip file or .llb when you have subVIs that aren't part of the normal LabVIEW distribution.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,185 Views)
Old Ohm says
R=U/I

What can I say more ?

Gabi
7.1 -- 2013
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,185 Views)
Gabriela Tillmann schrieb:

> Old Ohm says
> R=U/I
>
> What can I say more ?
>
> Gabi

Maybe you could say :

Resistance is just a very stupid concept to (locally) linearize the
current-voltage curve

Urs Bogli
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,185 Views)
So how about

R(t, or anything else) = dU(t, or anything else) / dI(t, or still another thing)
7.1 -- 2013
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,185 Views)