From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert imaq image to a 2D array without vision development module

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to convert an Imaq image into a regular picture (2D array) without using "Vision development module", nor saving it to a file (I need a refresh rate of about One frame per second).

any ideas?

thanks,

Gilad.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,993 Views)

Greetings;

I personally have never done it in this fashion but it if you are acquiring from a camera and then are interested in only seeing the array, you might want to try using the IMAQdx Get Image Data.vi

Cordially;

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,956 Views)

Hi

I need a 2D array in order to display it as a picture object (not image object).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,926 Views)

Greetings, 

If instead of attempting to acquire the image as the raw data as per the last example, are you looking for something then like the IMAQ Image to Array? I made some research and initially I believed this VI was part of the Development Module, but I was thinking of the Array to Image VI, which is why I did not bring it up earlier.

Finally, how exactly will you then be manipulating that array? Or will you simply be interested in displaying it? 

Cordially;

Simon P.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,912 Views)