LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the oscillscope from Tektronix TDS 210 to Tektronix TDS 3032C

I am using my own Labview program to collect data from Oscilloscope.I changed my oscilloscope from Tektronix TDS 210 to Tektronix 3032c. The signal from the Tektronix TDS 3032c has a huge noise now. The singal can be seen only when the probe setup is 1kx.But I have a smooth signal with my old scope.Can this be due to the settings of new scope?If so what are the parameters I should try changing.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,855 Views)

Don't know.  Guess it's time to break out the programmer's guide to figure out what's changed.  Unfortunately I don't have the 210 manual or I'd be more specific with my help.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 7
(2,828 Views)

You really shouldn't be changing the probe setting unless you are changing the probes.  I seriously doubt you are using a 1kx probe.  But now you got me wondering.  I might have to go play with some of my setups when I manage to find some time.

There is a bandwidth setting.  You could change that to a lower bandwidth.

Digging a little bit I found that the TDS210 has a bandwidth of 60MHz and the TDS3032C has a bandwidth of 500MHz.  Try the lower bandwidth settings and see if that helps.  I'm 95% sure this is a wider bandwidth issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 7
(2,820 Views)

Here the manuals..... Can you give some help...... (y)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,799 Views)

I'm digging through code I did for the 3034C.  To set the bandwitdth you need the following command

CH1:BANDWIDTH BW

where CH1 is the channel (you can use CH2, MATH, etc.) and BW is the bandwidth setting.  Available bandwidth settings I have are:

Full Bandwidth: FULL

150MHz: ONEFifty

20MHz: TWENTY

So my guess for what you want is

CH1:BANDWIDTH TWENTY

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 7
(2,796 Views)

This did not help. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,777 Views)

Probably time to see some code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,773 Views)